Is it safe to fill in forms or enter data from the user to access mail or bank accounts? Many Internet users are…Is it safe to fill in forms or enter data from the user to access mail or bank accounts?
Many Internet users become this question, and although in the majority of cases we can perform these actions in complete safety, it is important to worry about the “health” of our team and make sure that it is free of viral infections that may violate our privacy.
One of the most dangerous threats, not to the equipment itself, but to the privacy of users are malicious keyloggers.
The term keylogger in itself does not imply a negative aspect. It is simply an application or hardware device that is able to capture keystrokes, to then store them in a file or send them over the Internet. Usually used as a diagnostic tool in software development.
Some keylogger applications are:
- Revealer Keylogger
- Keylogger Douglas
But malicious and profit, use make it a terrible threat to Internet users.
Hackers exploit vulnerabilities in our system or some of the applications that we usually use to introduce a virus on our computer that activates a keylogger application that subsequently captured and sent by Internet information that we input by keyboard.
Although this is an actual practice, it is not as simple as it seems. But, of all forms is convenient for users of the great network continue a set of precautions that minimize the risk of such attacks.
The first step is to visit safe and trusted sites and avoid downloading software that identifies as potentially dangerous. In addition, it is useful to check that we are free from these malicious keyloggers.
To do this, we can use many programs:
- Malware Defender. System intrusion prevention host, which protect our system that protects against all types of malicious software: viruses, worms, Trojans, adware, spyware, keyloggers and rootkits.
- Ad-Aware Anniversary Edition. Anti-spyware software, maintaining secure passwords and our personal information, protecting us from Trojans, keyloggers or any type of spyware.
- RemoveAny. Analyzes and removes all types of spyware, rootkits, Trojans and keyloggers from our team
- ZoneAlarm ForceField. Protect our computer, thanks to the action of your firewall.
- Spybot Search & Destroy. It cleans and eliminates some problems that often go unnoticed for many of the antiviruses from your system.